Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Pluto People [Part 1]




Lonely, separated and disconnected with normal people in the real world.  Feeling wiped out, set back and removed. Does anything matter anymore and will the sunshine of joy, happiness and peace ever find my way again?  No I'm not writing concerning my own present experience but having lived in this world some 54 years, I like everyone have seen my share of problems and difficulties, minor and major. Catastrophic problems? I'd say a couple of times with the loss of my father and father-in-law  dying  many years back within a short time of each other. Outside of that I wouldn't consider  my problems as having been too severe.  Others may not have been near as fortunate.

Life may have dealt you a hand you consider most unbearable. It may be the loss of a loved one or perhaps something different like the loss of a career. Your doctor may have just informed you of some very disturbing news concerning a medical condition and the prognosis is concerning. The moment you heard of it, regardless of the problem you felt separated, disconnected and removed from what I'll call, "the normal people".  These are the many ones who seem to have their lives all together.

In contrast lets look at those I've defined as, "The Pluto People".  For sure I'm speaking metaphorically but Pluto in our solar system is the furthest planet away  approximately, 2.7 billion miles from the earth. It could be said to be far separated and alone and using it as a comparison for people, it would be such ones, who because of major or castastrophic  circumstances feel a sense of utter isolation.  They live in the midst  of "normal people" whose lives run tro and fro who carry on their normal course of action.  The Pluto people however have a sense of being numbed out, frozen in time, existing it would seem as mere spectators watching life go by. Their constant wonderment is to whether a smile will light their face again.


Realistically how does one get over something which seemingly is inconceivable to do so?  You need to, "get over it" is the advice dished out by some. I'd contend that even the best skilled and psychologically equipped individuals proficient in dealing with issues, could never "get over" certain things and perhaps no one should be encouraged to try. I liken it in a similar way to one suffering insomnia. The more one tries to get to sleep the more it seems to elude them. If one relaxes however and gets their mind off the "trying" sits back, relaxe oneself...they fall asleep. Desperately "trying to" can create stress moving us away from a place of comfort or acceptance we'd like to have. Instead of seeking to "get over" whatever, perhaps a real solution should be rather to "get on with it".  We'll deal with that on my next blog  to come.

To read Part 2 of : "The Pluto People" , please click on link,>> http://bob-richards.blogspot.ca/2011/10/pluto-people-part-2.html

****************************************************************************
I'd be honoured if you'd consider subscribing to my blog. Merely type in your email in the side bar of this site.
*****************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment